Would you like to earn prizes, movie passes, concert tickets and even gift certificates for “good braces behavior”? (Who wouldn’t?)
When you actively participate in your treatment plan, you’ll earn wooden nickels that can be used to purchase these rewards.
All you have to do is:
- Arrive on time for appointments
- Avoid broken brackets (by avoiding hard and chewy items that break brackets)
- Have excellent oral hygiene (brush and floss)
- Wear rubber bands (if instructed)
- Wear headgear (if you have it) and bring it to every appointment
Oral hygiene, rubber bands, and headgear are scored on a scale of 1 to 5. Every time you earn a “5” or show improvements from your last appointment, you’ll receive a wooden nickel.